Easy access to collated data for analytical, monitoring and reporting purposes.
Files to Download for XVault Installation
Please download and save to disk, but do not run, the following files.
- Java Runtime Environment - Please download the relevant OFFLINE installer for your architecture.
- Apache Tomcat - Please download the current 32-bit/64-bit Windows Service Installer from this location.
- XVault (version 1.3.1)
- agent.cfg - To download please Right Click > Save Target as...
- configuration.properties - To download please Right Click > Save Target as...
These programs are also useful to the configuration and support of the system; please download them if not already installed. They may not all be required but having the install packages available will save time in case they are needed.
- SQL Management Studio Express - Please locate the version appropriate to your organisation.
- Notepad++ - a text editor for confguration of the system and useful in support diagnosis.
- Wireshark - a network protocol analyzer for investigating comms based issues
- Fiddler2 - a Web Debugging Proxy logging tool for investigating web access issues.
- Portecle - a GUI application for creating, managing and examining keystores, keys, certificates etc.
Please ensure you have read the accompanying Pre-Requisites Guide specifically noting the requirement for;
- An SQL Database Named "XVault"
- the Database URL, in the form
jdbc:sqlserver://server:port;databaseName=namewill be required by the Groupcall Representative at the time of installation.
- An SQL user with "dbo_owner" rights to the "XVault" db.
- the credentials for this will be required by the Groupcall Representative at the time of installation. They can be changed at a later date after installation should you you have security concerns over sharing this information.
- SQL server configured to support TCP/IP connections, typically via port 1433/tcp.
Additional files required for The Virtual School Solution (VSS)
A VSS installation will require the following, in addition to the XVault downloads and pre-requisites, outlined above.
Additional VSS Pre-requisites
The XVault guide above outlines the server pre-requisites; typically the VSS is installed on the same server and your Groupcall Implementation Contact will have advised if anything will alter significantly. In additon to these however, you will need;
- An SQL Database Named "VSS"
- An SQL user with "dbo_owner" and "dbo_reader" rights to the "VSS" db.
Need more help?
End-users: For first line support on Groupcall XVault you should contact the organisation that provided it to you in the first instance as they will know the most about the systems XVault provides data to.
For Groupcall partners, second line support requests can be made using the contact points below.